Sit down shower guide
All of the Bathing Solutions shower enclosures offer the ability to sit down or stand safely when using the shower. Everybody loves a nice relaxing shower, but it can be hard to enjoy a task which should be so simple, if you are unsteady on your feet or cannot stand for very long.
A sit down shower could be the answer if you are starting to struggle or worry about falling or slipping. Our walk-in showers are designed specifically for people with mobility needs or those concerned about issues arising in the future.
Sit down shower features
- A choice of comfortable and attractive wooden or padded seats
- Secured folding seats which can be lifted out of the way
- Grab bars to help lower and raise you to and from the seated position
Showers that can be used by the whole family
Whilst the seats we use are comfortable and secure, you or a family member may not always want to be seated every time you bathe. When installed into one of our walk-in showers or wet rooms, our seats are securely fixed to the wall and are designed to be easily lifted and folded out of the way.
Even with the seat raised, well positioned grab bars can help you stay safe and steady when showering. These grab bars are also securely fitted to offer you added confidence when standing or sitting in the shower or wet room.
It’s extremely important to make sure that all safety bars and shower seats are only fitted by professional installers to guarantee that they are safe and secure. Shower unit’s also need to be fitted at the correct height so that temperature controls and features can be easily reached from both a seated and standing position.
Benefits of a shower with seat
- User can remain in the shower longer when showering
- Reduces the risks of slipping or falling
- Can help you retain the use of a shower or shower more often
Some of our sit down shower range
3 tips before you get your new bathing solution
- If you have a free home survey, have your loved ones with you so you can find the best solution for the whole family.
- If you don’t own your own property, make sure you have permission from your landlord before you make any changes to your bathroom.
- Dependent on your age or mobility issue you may qualify for a reduced rate of VAT. Please speak to one of our advisors for more details.
Our service includes
- Free design & quotation
- Installer pre-fit technical survey
- Full installation of new shower
- Full installation of all accessories*
- Fitting of wall & floor coverings*
- All plumbing services
- Fully certified electricians*
- Removal & disposal of old bathroom
- Up-to 15 years warranty
Get a free brochure
Call us FREE on
0800 083 2034
to ask a question or arrange a FREE,
Get a FREE brochure
Get it by post or as a PDF download