Wet rooms are the safest and most accessible solution for people who experience difficulty when bathing, offering unrestricted shower access for the elderly, wheelchair users and disabled people.
Suitable for most bathroom sizes, our Aquarius wet room combines modern design with unrivalled accessibility, helping to future-proof your bathroom against changing mobility needs.
Discover the stylish Aquarius wet room below.
- No shower tray to step over
- Slip-resistant safety flooring options
- 100% waterproof showering area
- Tempered safety glass enclosures
- Ultimate answer to bathing difficulty
The Aquarius wet room, our most accessible bathing product, is custom-built to suit the exact dimensions of your bathroom and desired bathing area, providing you with the ultimate in safe showering and flexibility.
We offer a choice of toughened enclosures to separate the shower and prevent water splashing onto non-bathing areas.
- All on one level – ideal for wheelchair access or disabled persons.
- Slip-resistant flooring suitable for walking aids.
- Easy-clean wall panels.
- Thermostatically controlled mixer shower to ensure a safe water temperature.
- High flow drain to dispel water quickly.
One of the main benefits of this elderly-friendly wet room is that its floor is at the same level as the rest of the bathroom, so you do not need to step into or out of the showering area.
It provides excellent wheelchair access with the ability to bring the wheelchair right up to the shower itself, making this wet room disability-friendly and well-suited to those who are elderly. Fitted with a fast-speed drain to dispel water quickly and efficiently, a choice of slip-resistant flooring is available to complement your bathroom.
This wet room for the elderly is paired with a selection of easy-clean wall panels and features a choice of seats (wooden or padded cushion), grab bars for extra safety. The wonderful thing about a disabled wet room is the open plan feel, ease of access when moving around and a little more privacy than you might normally get if you have a conventional bathroom where you need assistance to shower.
3 tips before you get your new bathing solution
- If you have a free home survey, have your loved ones with you so you can find the best solution for the whole family.
- If you don’t own your own property, make sure you have permission from your landlord before you make any changes to your bathroom.
- Dependent on your age or mobility issue you may qualify for a reduced rate of VAT. Please speak to one of our advisors for more details.
Walk-in showers you may also like
We handle everything – a professional service from start to finish
1. Free no-obligation home survey
One of our mobility bathing specialists will help you identify your needs and provide a fixed price for peace of mind
2. Fully-fitted service
We look after everything from the first design to installation, including all plumbing and electrics. You just have to sit back and relax.
3. Leaving no mess behind
Our installation team will ensure that your old bath or shower is removed quickly and with the minimum of fuss and disruption.
4. No-quibble product warranty
Our products are of the highest quality, for added peace of mind we offer a comprehensive Product warranty of up to 15 years.
What is a wet room?
A wet room is a totally waterproofed shower area that’s flush with the rest of the floor, designed so that water flows through a flush drain. Wet rooms remove the need to step into the bath or shower, making them the safest and easiest-to-access solution for the elderly, wheelchair users and people with mobility issues.
The Aquarius elderly-friendly wet room, our most accessible bathing product, is completely bespoke and comes with safety grab bars, folded seating and slip-resistant flooring, as well as a choice of toughened enclosures to prevent splashing into the rest of the room.
For added peace of mind, our disabled wet room is designed around the specific needs of the user and unique measurements of the bathroom, ensuring your new wet room balances luxury and practicality.
How much is a wet room?
The price of a wet room is unique to your chosen design and fittings. Your Bathing Solutions disability-friendly wet room is custom-built dependent on the size and shape of your bathroom, as well as the bather’s individual needs.
The cost of your elderly-friendly wet room is therefore determined by these two main factors as well as the ascetic features you decided upon, including wall and floor coverings and bathroom furniture.
For more information and helpful advice from our experienced staff, please call us for free or request a free brochure. You can also browse our walk-in showers or walk-in baths if these are more suited to your taste.
What’s the difference between a wet room and a walk-in shower?
The main difference between a wet room and walk-in shower is that wet rooms are open plan (though a shower screen can be used) and are designed flush to the rest of the floor. On the other hand, a walk-in shower has one or two partitions and a low-level shower tray. Both are easy to access, but elderly-friendly wet rooms offer totally unrestricted shower access and are ideal for elderly people and wheelchair users.
What are the benefits of a wet room?
Wet rooms are the safest and most accessible bathing solution on the market, offering a variety of benefits:
- Easiest-to-access bathing solution – wet rooms are the ultimate answer to bathing difficulty, offering unrestricted shower access.
- Increased independence – wet rooms are specially designed to allow anyone to bathe safely, freely and comfortably.
- Ideal for wheelchair users – unlike regular baths and showers, wet rooms allow wheelchair users and people with mobility issues to bathe in comfort.
- Customisable features – you can customise your wet room to suit your specific needs with various partitions and safety features, such as grab bars and folded seating.
- Flexible design options – our wet rooms are custom-built to the exact measurements of your bathroom, offering more flexibility than bathtubs and showers.
- Low maintenance – wet rooms are easier to clean and maintain than bathtubs or regular shower enclosures, which is one less thing to worry about.
- Saves space – wet rooms take up minimal floor space thanks to their open-plan design, making them ideal for small bathrooms.
Wet Rooms Advice and Guides
Wet rooms can offer the ultimate in space, comfort and ease, especially for those whose mobility conditions are likely to get worse.read more
Wall panelling for bathrooms wet rooms or walk-in showers has become more popular than ever. Compared to tiles, panels are longer-lasting, more hygienic and easier to install. But that’s just the surface – wall panels offer plenty of benefits. From aesthetics to...read more